Monday 21 December 2009

Cardboard Door

If I told you -

"Yes I will now in a minute".........

Basically means, once I'm doing what I'm doing, yes I will happily decorate the presents more with bows and tags from last Christmas.

Why do we bother wrapping up presents that we/you have already seen...or even worn/used/read/watched etc....to wrap it up "for Christmas". So you have something to "OPEN", on Christmas day.

Why don't we have a bag full of paper in a big bin bag and just put it next to the unwrapped presents. Saves time, effort and paper cuts. This way, Christmas morning can be spent sleeping till 1pm. LUSH!

I used to spend the whole year looking forward to Crimbo when I was young. The excitement of just opening a cardboard door to find a festive shaped chocolate on the 12Th of December would drive my parents insane! I would sit there Shaking with my cornflakes bowl resting on my lap and the chocolate on the side. "You can eat your advent chocolate, After your breakfast".

I ate mine and my sisters one day and was nearly sick from all the excitement and nerves that she would find out. One year our mum got us advent calenders that didn't have Chocolates behind the door, but pictures. That wasn't a good year for anyone.

Even though the cupboards are full to the ledges of festive food, you still cant eat any of it "till Christmas, now put it back". I remember walking into the family living room at the age of 7 or 8 with a Chocolate Yule Log, holding it out in front of me, just to get the look off my mam. Her look was enough.

Eyes Brows up = sssssssssssss exciting, yep give it here, go and get a knife and 4 plates.
Confused Eyes Brows = really didn't know what this one meant...... would just stand there till her eyes brows changed.

Christmas is definitely all about Family. You may not see your cousins from year to year. But Christmas day they will give you a big hug and keep topping up your glass of Balies.

My sister wont be back this year for Christmas. But if she could I know she would. She will be missed by all the Family. Hope you have a lovely one babes and I look forward to the extra roasts.

Remember, Family are not just for Christmas, they are for Boxing day too so don't think you have to eat everything in one day!

No comments: